Is it easy to get a US student visa?
The United States is one of the most popular destinations for higher education. The US welcomes thousands of international students every year. The US is home to various top universities and colleges. It offers numerous opportunities to students from all streams. You receive your confirmation letter from a US university then it is time to apply for a student visa for USA. American universities only invite the best candidate so it is your time to change the future.
Why Study in the USA & How to apply for a student visa for USA?
US universities are always providing the best possible ways to international students with their student visas. Perks of studying in USA:
- Diversity and Flexibility
- Healthy and Safe Environment
- Premium lifestyle
- Affordable Education
- Exciting Campus Lifestyle
- Better Internship Opportunities
US visa for Student from India
Successfully getting a visa to study in the US takes time but it can be an easy procedure if you take advice from an expert USA student visa consultant in Ahmedabad. There are two types of Student Visas for International and exchange students from India to the USA M-1 and F-1 visas.
- M-1 Visa
Students who wish to enroll in non-academic and vocational courses must apply for an M-1 visa.
- F-1 Visa
Students enrolling in full-time academic courses must apply for an F-1 visa. After a university has accepted you for admission to full-time study, the institute will send you a document known as the I-20 form, which is the application form for an F-1 student visa for USA. Before you start applying for an F-1 student visa, you have to be accepted into an education program at an accredited US institution of higher education. Types of programs that require an F-1 student visa:
- Language training institute
- High School
- University or Collage
- Elementary School
Steps of the USA visa application process for Indian students
- Get accepted and receive your I-20: When an accredited US university accepts you, they will grant you an I-20 form. This form will provide you with information about your study plan and your stay.
- SEVIS fee: $350 is a SEVIS fee for students and Exchange Visitor Program processing and maintenance charge.
- DS-160 Application: This is a crucial step for all international students to receive an F-1 visa. Fill in all the required information asked in the form.
- Schedule Visa Interview: As time varies from nation to nation and it can take several months. Apply for an interview as early as possible.
- Go for a Visa Interview: In this step of the F-1 visa application process, the US embassy gives you the approval to study in the USA as legitimate.
- Pay the Visa issuance fees: After being selected for a student visa for USA, students need to pay a visa issuance fee. whether or not you need to pay this fee is depending on your nationality and the reciprocity contract your country has with the US. You can check online if you have to pay this fee or not.
- Get Your Visa: This s the final step of your Visa application process where your embassy will return your passport with a new visa on it.
We hope this article will help to get more about USA student visas. If you are still in confusion about the application process, you can ask for an expert’s help. 7th Sky Foreign Education is a top USA Student visa consultant in Ahmedabad providing the best advice to candidates who wish to study in the USA. Contact us more information!